As a title company, we at GCS Title are part of the “machine” that drives a real estate transaction from start to finish. Realtors, loan officers, home inspectors, appraisers and many support people in all of those fields contribute to getting the sale, purchase or refinance of your home to a successful closing. There are other partners that offer important, valuable advice to consumers who are in the process of a major transaction involving a home – or even just thinking about one.
Homes and housing costs are among the biggest expenses most Americans have, in addition to homeownership being the way most of us build our worth and wealth. So it makes sense that there are other advisors that can help you to evaluate your financial picture, your ideas and goals in the long and short term and the benefits and implications of moves you would like to make. Certified Public Accountants and attorneys of different specialties are also great resources when you’re making major housing – or financial – choices. Here are some times when you might consider checking with a professional:
- You would like to buy your first home
- You would like to move to a larger or newer home or different area
- You have children on who plan to go to college
- You are considering a refinance
- You would like a second or vacation home
- You are getting married – or divorced
- You are thinking of retiring
- You’ve had a major career change – promotion, downsizing, industry switch
- You would like to consolidate goals or debt
There are many other “triggers” for needing professional advice. Your lending, title and real estate professionals do not offer tax or legal advice, but they are able to refer you to qualified professionals. Before making any major moves, talk with your agent and lender and decide what other strategic partners you should consult before making major financial decisions. We are all here to help!